On Tuesday, Saudi Arabia claimed that 34 nations had agreed to form a new Islamic millitary alliance in an effort to fight terrorism with a joint operations center based in the capital of Riyadh.
In an announcement made by the state-run Saudi Press Agency, the alliance will be Saudi-led and is being established because they feel acts of terrorism are to be fought by all means and collaboration should be made to eliminate it.
As details of the new coalition became evident, it was unclear as to the type of millitary setup would be present and what the rules of engagement would be.
The Saudi statement reports that Islam forbids world corruption and destruction, and feels that acts of terrorism is considered to be “a serious violation of human dignity and rights, especially the right to life an the right to sercurity.”
The counterterrism coalition will include nations with large and well-estabilshed armies. This may include Pakistan, Turkey, and Egypt as well as embattled millitaries in Libya and Yemen. African nations such as Mali, Chad, Somalia and Nigeria which have suffered millitant attacks are also members of this team.
Shiite Iran will not be part of the coalition since the two support opposing sides of the ongoing wars in Syria and Yemen.
Turkey, which is the only NATO member in the alliance, welcomed the new change. Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu referred to it as the best response to terrorism. He believes strongly that it is a step in the right direction.
“We believe that this effort by Muslim countries is a step in the right direction,” Davutoglu said.
Joint operations will be established in Riyadh to “coordinate and support miliary operations to fight terrorism”, according to Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Defense Minister Mohammed bin Salman.
Also included in the coalition are the archipelago of the Maldives, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Lebannon, and Benin.
Absent from this coalition is Oman, who has maintained a neutral role, and both Iraq and Syria whose forces are attempitng to regain lost territory from the Islamic State group. Governments in Iraq and Syria are more alilied with Iran.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017