What Are We Teaching The Next Generation and What Should Their Future Look Like?
What does parenting in this generation look like? While social norms continue to change, the Bible has not. God’s Word is the same yesterday, today and forever. God does not change. Therefore, our ethics, morals, and belief system should not change between generations if we truly believe that the Bible is truth. How we raise our children was clearly outlined centuries ago- it has not changed. The only thing that has changed, is society, and there the clash begins.
Our next issue is called Victory for the Next Generation, and it is about raising our children to be on fire for Christ despite pressures to conform from society. As children of God, we have been set apart, and as such, we are different. People should be able to see the Jesus in us and in our family. Where mistakes are being made is when we settle for anything that is not God’s best in our lives. We “settle” every time when we conform to issues that we know are against God’s Word. It is not to say that we take a hate, or hard-lined approach, but we should be meditating on what the Bible says over the situation/issue and use Jesus as our model for how to govern our behavior.
Jesus faced many of the situations that we have today. Issues such as homosexuality, infidelity, sexual immorality, perversions, etc were prevalent in Jesus’ time. Jesus never acted out in anger, or judged people harshly. Jesus’ actions spoke love. His words convicted people because they were spoken out of genuine concern for their spiritual welfare, and out of love. Jesus was God in the flesh, and God loves His children. It is not His desire that anyone should perish.
Back to our children….
This issue discusses how to raise the next generation of believers in a world that teaches that we should be tolerant (and often silent) of things that are against the Bible. It will discuss how to have open conversations with your children on things that they are often taught that go against what God says, and how to have these conversations without the child losing respect for those in authority.
We will also touch on issues surrounding teaching your children how to respect authority as they grow older, defending their faith, discussions surrounding what to do after graduation and helping with post-secondary decisions, raising your children to be godly adults, establishing healthy boundaries, extra-curricular activities, discovering God’s plan and purpose over your children and the next steps, and many more.
It is our desire, in this issue, to equip parents with tools needed for victory in raising their children. We want the next generation to be on fire for God and to be world changers!
May all of your children do mightier things for God than generations before, and may they make an impact for the kingdom of God.
Next issue is released June 27th.
- 71% Of Kids Hide Internet Activity. Could Yours Be One Of Them? - May 26, 2018
- Elevation Worship Hallelujah Here Below Tour On Sale Now - May 25, 2018
- President Trump Cancels North Korea Nuclear Summit - May 24, 2018
- President Trump Delivers Heartfelt Speech On Abortion - May 23, 2018
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018