The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) launched an online television ad urging voters to “Dump Trump” after Trump abandoned the fight for traditional marriage- even though 50 million people cast ballots in favor of marriage being between one man and one woman. The ad includes an audio clip of Trump telling an MSNBC interviewer after the US Supreme Court ruled in favor of redefining marriage, “You have to go with it. The decision has been made and that is the lay of the land.”
“Donald Trump abandoned of the fight for marriage in the wake of the illegitimate, anti-constitutional ruling of the US Supreme Court and in the process he quit on the 78% of South Carolina voters who acted to preserve marriage and the more than 50 million voters in other states who similarly voted for true marriage,” said Brian Brown, NOM’s president.
NOM is endorsing Senator Ted Cruz in his race for president referring to him as a “true marriage champion”. Cruz has signed NOM’s presidential marriage pledge committing to take certain actions as president. Cruz is also the author of a proposed constitutional amendment to restore the right of states to define marriage according to the bible, and has additionally co-authored federal legislation to protect those that support traditional marriage from governmental discrimination for holding true to their beliefs. Trump did not sign NOM’s pledge.
“When it comes to the issue of marriage, the differences between Ted Cruz and Donald Trump could not be clearer,” Brown said. “Ted Cruz is a champion while Donald Trump is a quitter. “Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017