National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) support Congressional leaders in their desire to allow Americans to cast their vote prior to anyone else being considered to fulfill the U.S. Supreme Court vacancy left by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. This is the desire of the leadership that was expressed today in response to President Obama nominating Judge Merrick Garland.
In a letter last month sent to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Johnson assured him the National Religious Broadcasters would stand by his decision to wait on nominations for Scalia’s successor until after November elections. The letter read according to Christiannewswire.com:
The Constitution that Justice Scalia fought for decades to uphold provides the President the power to nominate judges and the Senate the power of advice and consent. This is a key principle in the separation of powers between the branches of our nation’s government. Unfortunately, America’s current President has shown little restraint in asserting authority in areas properly belonging to other federal branches, the states, or the people themselves. I urge you to do all that you can to prevent the President from attempting to work around the will of the Legislative Branch in this matter.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017