National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) support Congressional leaders in their desire to allow Americans to cast their vote prior to anyone else being considered to fulfill the U.S. Supreme Court vacancy left by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. This is the desire of the leadership that was expressed today in response to President Obama nominating Judge Merrick Garland.
In a letter last month sent to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Johnson assured him the National Religious Broadcasters would stand by his decision to wait on nominations for Scalia’s successor until after November elections. The letter read according to Christiannewswire.com:
The Constitution that Justice Scalia fought for decades to uphold provides the President the power to nominate judges and the Senate the power of advice and consent. This is a key principle in the separation of powers between the branches of our nation’s government. Unfortunately, America’s current President has shown little restraint in asserting authority in areas properly belonging to other federal branches, the states, or the people themselves. I urge you to do all that you can to prevent the President from attempting to work around the will of the Legislative Branch in this matter.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017