We hear continually that stress is part of our daily living- both good and bad. The question is, should it be?
As a society, we have accepted that stress is unavoidable. Yet did Jesus ever exhibit signs of stress? Think about it- He was continually persecuted without cause, mocked, beaten, in charge of teaching unbelievers, and He died for our sins. His life is a really “tall order”. In today’s world, we would say that He had a lot of “weight on His shoulders”. We would expect to see stress- but He wasn’t. Jesus had more responsibility than we would probably ever take on- yet was completely at peace.
The only time we see Him struggle is just before the crucifixion, yet He still chooses to complete His destiny. During the crucifixion, when He could be angry or try to defend Himself, He remains quiet and peaceful fully understanding His purpose. For everything that Jesus endured, He remained in peace.
So, with Jesus as our example, should we be stressed- either good or bad? The even bigger question becomes how do we avoid it? How do we “de-stress”?
The answer is not as complicated as we make it out to be. It does not involve retreating, going on vacation, “me” time, meditation, deep breathing, or anything like that. You don’t have to spend money (really) as it is free.
Freedom from stress is yours, it’s free, and it’s simple. Ready for the solution?
To find the wisdom you seek, read our August issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine coming out July 26th. Your life will be transformed!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017
- Higher Vision Worship Is January Music Spotlight - December 23, 2017
- Comedian Tim Loveless On January Cover - December 22, 2017