“That part of the Bible just isn’t applicable today. It’s simply not relevant for this generation!”
If you believe that Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8), then you must believe that His word transcends time. Unfortunately, too many people see the issues of today as more severe than several generations ago. Yet every generation looks back and sees the same progression- that things are getting worse.
Let’s look at it this way. Have you ever heard these common phrases:
“Today’s music is of the Devil (if it’s not Christian, it may be!)! In my day, we had music that was pure!” Different generations, yet if you listen to the lyrics, they are talking about the same things.
“In my generation, we just didn’t do those types of things. This generation is so devoid of common decency.” Teen pregnancy still existed, but it was not as public. Smoking, drinking, and drugs still existed, as did many other behaviors.
“We didn’t dress that way!” Hot pants, tube tops, leggings… need I say more? Fashion repeats itself, and often changes historically were seen as scandalous.
Many of the issues that society faces themselves haven’t changed over the years, and neither has the Word. Scriptures on financial prosperity, healing, modesty, self-governance, etc are still relevant today and need to be heard! So are all of the principles! God didn’t change, your perspective did.
Learn how the Bible is applicable today and always in our December issue and kick this myth to the curb!
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018
- Three United States Men Released Yesterday From North Korean Prison - May 10, 2018
- 2018 K-LOVE Fan Awards Nominees Just Announced - May 8, 2018
- Know Who You Are In Christ … It Strengthens Relationships - May 7, 2018
- Married/Getting Married? We Have Tips On Laying A Firm Foundation - May 4, 2018