“That part of the Bible just isn’t applicable today. It’s simply not relevant for this generation!”
If you believe that Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8), then you must believe that His word transcends time. Unfortunately, too many people see the issues of today as more severe than several generations ago. Yet every generation looks back and sees the same progression- that things are getting worse.
Let’s look at it this way. Have you ever heard these common phrases:
“Today’s music is of the Devil (if it’s not Christian, it may be!)! In my day, we had music that was pure!” Different generations, yet if you listen to the lyrics, they are talking about the same things.
“In my generation, we just didn’t do those types of things. This generation is so devoid of common decency.” Teen pregnancy still existed, but it was not as public. Smoking, drinking, and drugs still existed, as did many other behaviors.
“We didn’t dress that way!” Hot pants, tube tops, leggings… need I say more? Fashion repeats itself, and often changes historically were seen as scandalous.
Many of the issues that society faces themselves haven’t changed over the years, and neither has the Word. Scriptures on financial prosperity, healing, modesty, self-governance, etc are still relevant today and need to be heard! So are all of the principles! God didn’t change, your perspective did.
Learn how the Bible is applicable today and always in our December issue and kick this myth to the curb!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017