How many times have you heard this: The eyes are the windows to the soul?
Well, one company has literally used this phrase to create an entire new experience. A year ago, Periscope was developed to allow you to explore the world. In real time and through someone else’s eyes. The social platform allows users to create live broadcasts, right from their smartphone or tablets. Viewers participate in a live chat room with both the broadcasters and other viewers. In its first year, Periscope was ranked Apple’s App of the Year and has been considered a game changer for building community and exploring the world.
What exactly are people broadcasting? Everything. Literally. We’ve seen people give powerful motivational messages. Or there’s a live rant about this year’s political shenanigans. Or, someone’s using it to showcase their talent—playing the piano, eating contests, singing, dancing, and you name it. From a business perspective, Periscope has become a great way to connect on a completely new dimension. And for many, it has taken out the middle man—cable tv. Entertainers periscope in their homes, from their bedrooms and share themselves in a completely new way.
This opens the door for you. What would we see if we looked through the windows of your Periscope? You could:
- Introduce future clients to your business by offering free advice
- Give a short sermon and invite followers to join your ministry
- Showcase your talent and invite viewers to your website or other social media channels
- Complete a fitness video
- Share your favorite recipes
- Perform a ministry dance
- And so much more.
One word of caution, don’t be afraid to share. And don’t be afraid to not be perfect. That’s what Periscope viewers are looking for: the authentic real you. Periscope is an app, available for Android and Apple users. And, if you have a Twitter account, your live broadcasts are automatically shared via Twitter for existing followers.
To check out this incredible creation, view the Periscope website here.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- VOICELESS Movie Speaks to the Silent Church - September 16, 2016
- Take the Mommy Test: What Kind of Mom Are You? - August 12, 2016
- Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade Anyone? Twenty Words that Sell Themselves - July 28, 2016
- Valuable Persuasive Leadership Lesson: What Not to Do - June 30, 2016
- Book You Are Not Normal Inspires Christians to Stand Out - June 8, 2016
- Trish Donohue Writes to Moms Who Want to Disciple Through Relationship - May 25, 2016
- Millionaires Chalk Success Up to Hard Work and Family Values - May 24, 2016
- The Courage to Lead When No One Wants to Follow - May 24, 2016
- New Biblical Leadership & Economics Homeschool Courses - May 10, 2016
- Purpose Sells, Not Products - April 26, 2016