“Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,” 2 Timothy 3:12
When we think of persecution, our mind goes to areas where there is civil unrest, poverty, terrorism, or oppression. However, can persecution exist in our own backyard? Is it possible?
Persecution is not just confined to extreme cases of beheading, murder, being driven from your home, fearing for your safety/life, and losing everything you have. Persecution can also mean that you are belittled, ridiculed, suffer hardships, oppressed, and experience an unequal balance in rights and freedoms. Sometimes it involved protecting a group at the expense of another. Other times it is being told that you cannot voice your opposition, otherwise you are a _____.
It is being told that you have to accept the biblically unacceptable whether you want to or not even though your view is simply, “I don’t agree”. Scripture is very clear on the world and Christians. It says that the world will persecute us for His name’s sake. The world also hated Him before it hated us (John 15:8, 1 John 3:13).
“If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” John 15:19
This verse sums us Christian persecution. It sums up the why.
Can persecution exist in countries where we are free to voice our thoughts? Are we being silenced and don’t know it? Are we in a sleepy lull that we are protected and yet our freedoms are being violated?
Our next issue explores the topic of whether persecution can exist in our society, and what it looks like for a Christian. We will answer the question as to whether persecution of Christians really does exist, and what we can scripturally do when confronted with situations that require us to conform to what is contrary to His Word.
In the end, who do we have to please? (1 Peter 3:17)
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017