“Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,” 2 Timothy 3:12
When we think of persecution, our mind goes to areas where there is civil unrest, poverty, terrorism, or oppression. However, can persecution exist in our own backyard? Is it possible?
Persecution is not just confined to extreme cases of beheading, murder, being driven from your home, fearing for your safety/life, and losing everything you have. Persecution can also mean that you are belittled, ridiculed, suffer hardships, oppressed, and experience an unequal balance in rights and freedoms. Sometimes it involved protecting a group at the expense of another. Other times it is being told that you cannot voice your opposition, otherwise you are a _____.
It is being told that you have to accept the biblically unacceptable whether you want to or not even though your view is simply, “I don’t agree”. Scripture is very clear on the world and Christians. It says that the world will persecute us for His name’s sake. The world also hated Him before it hated us (John 15:8, 1 John 3:13).
“If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” John 15:19
This verse sums us Christian persecution. It sums up the why.
Can persecution exist in countries where we are free to voice our thoughts? Are we being silenced and don’t know it? Are we in a sleepy lull that we are protected and yet our freedoms are being violated?
Our next issue explores the topic of whether persecution can exist in our society, and what it looks like for a Christian. We will answer the question as to whether persecution of Christians really does exist, and what we can scripturally do when confronted with situations that require us to conform to what is contrary to His Word.
In the end, who do we have to please? (1 Peter 3:17)
- Hayley DiMarco Shares With Women How To Avoid Being Overwhelmed - September 18, 2017
- Why Do Believer’s Fall Prey To Satan’s Destruction Of Families? - September 15, 2017
- Hurricane Irma Caused Destruction, But Tampa Bay Experienced A Miracle - September 15, 2017
- What Did I Do To Deserve Hardship And How/When Do Things Get Better? - September 12, 2017
- The Heart Of Man Discusses Sexual Sin And How God Always Pursues Us - September 8, 2017
- Steal, Kill and Destroy… Tired of Satan Stealing From Your Finances? - September 8, 2017
- Chris Tomlin Announces Christmas Songs of Worship Tour - September 5, 2017
- Want Breakthrough In Every Area? We Will Tell You How! - September 1, 2017
- Natasha Owens Donates Proceeds From “We Will Rise” To Flood Relief - September 1, 2017
- September 2017: Are You Walking in God’s Fullness For Your Life? - August 28, 2017
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.