When a couple first learns that they are expecting a child, their first prayer (said quite often) is that their child is born healthy and without “defect/disability”. Parents wait at ultrasound with “baited breath” to hear that everything is progressing normally, and many wish to know the gender of their child. Yet imagine that moment of joy at seeing your beautiful baby being formed in the womb stolen by the words of, “we have a concern” or “there appears to be a problem”, accompanied by a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. What do you do? How do you overcome this situation?
First of all, it is useful to note that ultrasounds can be wrong, and prayer can change any situation. Yet thousands of children are diagnosed with cerebral palsy, spina bifida, heart defects, and other genetic abnormalities each year. Parents are suddenly confronted with the possibility that their child may have a physical disability which alters their perceptions of what that child’s future will be. In many cases, parents are given a choice at this stage, followed by the “facts”: they can choose to go full term with the knowledge that the child will have special needs, or they can still safely choose to abort.
Sadly, in their grief, many parents choose to abort, and these pregnancies never go to full term.
Those who do not consider abortion to be an option are faced with a “What happens now?” scenario accompanied by the feeling that their child will never live a normal life. Some parents blame themselves, and anger at God is quite common as the couple moves towards acceptance.
Julie Cosgrove takes the reader on a journey through the stages a parent goes through upon that initial diagnosis, and through towards acceptance with scripture. This article will give you the hope and encouragement that you need at this time that no matter what the outcome, things will be o.k. Julie will teach you that God is by your side, and has given you everything that you need. She will comfort you with the knowledge that God would not give you anything that you could not handle.
Our May edition will be released on April 26, 2017.
- To The Lost Sheep, With Unconditional Love, Healing, And Acceptance - May 23, 2017
- A Revival In China? Ian Johnson Uncovers Why The Chinese Are Turning To God - May 19, 2017
- Receive Healing: Don’t Allow Tragedy To Turn Your Faith Into Travesty - May 17, 2017
- Director Dallas Jenkins Discusses Inspiration Behind The Resurrection of Gavin Stone - May 16, 2017
- If God Will Never Leave Me, Why Does He Feel So Far Away? - May 12, 2017
- March For Life Flag Raised In Ottawa For First Time… Then Taken Down! - May 12, 2017
- Feeling Empty, Alone, Incomplete, Or Yearning To Be Loved? - May 9, 2017
- Six Marvelous Mother’s Day Gifts Under $100 That She’ll Love! - May 5, 2017
- Healing The Scars Of Emotional Wounds Is Possible With Renewing Mind - May 5, 2017
- Do You Yearn To Be Loved, Feel Complete, and Valued? - May 3, 2017