Loveland, Colorado- Pierced: The New Testament will be released by Group Publishing on September 1, 2016.
Pierced: The New Testament is geared towards teens/young adults, and is a fresh approach to scripture-reading.
A recent study by Pew Research Center finds that 80% of 18-29-year-olds are reading more than previous generations. 71% of these young adults are, in fact reading at least one book per year. Although reading is popular with younger Americans, Bible readership is, however, declining.
Sadly, only 7% of teens avidly read their Bible, while 45% are “Bible neutral” or “Bible skeptics” according to a 6 year Barna study.
“That’s because we’ve often treated Bible-reading like an intimidating chore,” explains Rick Lawrence, General Editor of Pierced, “not an invitation into an epic adventure.”
Pierced: The New Testament acts as an open door for teens to avidly read scripture and engage them in the Bible. The New Testament narrative draws readers into a greater story of the Messiah via an intentionally simple and personal design.
Pierced actually reads more like a novel than a textbook as it replaced complicated chapter and verse numbers/footnotes with artwork, and real-life margin notes. It also includes highlights from teens globally.
“By combining the actual notes of ten teens into one Bible, we give the reader an opportunity to journey through the story of Jesus with his or her peers,” shares Veronica Preston, Interior Design and Production Artist of Pierced. “It allows them to know that they are not alone; wrestling through God’s Word with others…feeling free to be vulnerable in the process.”
Pierced can be pre-ordered from Amazon and will be released on Group.com/other Christian retailers on September 1, 2016
- Self-Control: Dealing With The “I Want It Now” Syndrome In Children - April 20, 2018
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In May Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018