It is easier to accept why we are overlooked for promotion when we feel that it was fair. Things such as the other person having seniority, being better qualified, more experience, etc make staying at the same level more palatable. However, being passed up when you are more than qualified, deserving, hard-working, and ethical to someone who doesn’t display these characteristics… Well, that’s an entirely different story!
How do you move on when you feel that you deserved the position more than the other person? Or not be angry when you feel like you have been overlooked, or taken for granted? How do you avoid being angry? More challenging, how do you work with, never mind congratulate, the person that was promoted?
And this is where we get caught up in the moment. Some of us end up doing something that we end up regretting later. Others of us quit, want to quit, get discouraged, or blame God. It simply does not seem fair! However, when we keep our eyes focused on where they should be, then we are better able to navigate through the situation, and into God’s plan over our life.
Your heart may be right, but the situation may seem oh so wrong. However, if we believe that God is the one who promotes us- not man- then turning to God for the answers becomes easier. God may be trying to tell you something, or may be attempting to guide you in a different direction. Additionally, the season for that position may have ended, or He has another position that is far better in store for you. The possibilities and answers are endless. It is when we seek the Lord that we find the answers… and the peace… to move on.
Chris Benton discusses what may be hindering your success, and will cause readers to carefully examine their hearts to ensure that they are in right standing with God. He addresses common reasons as to why a person may be continually passed up for promotion, and will guide you into that important conversation with God.
If you feel stuck and are looking for answers, please read our next issue coming out on January 26th, 2018. Don’t want to miss an issue… please feel free to sign up for our subscription and receive our next issue for FREE in your inbox.
Looking forward to hearing your testimony of God’s goodness in 2018!
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018
- Three United States Men Released Yesterday From North Korean Prison - May 10, 2018
- 2018 K-LOVE Fan Awards Nominees Just Announced - May 8, 2018
- Know Who You Are In Christ … It Strengthens Relationships - May 7, 2018
- Married/Getting Married? We Have Tips On Laying A Firm Foundation - May 4, 2018