Scottsdale, Arizona– As a new school year begins, PureFlix.com , a faith and family streaming video service, is beginning an initiative to compliment families who are engaged in homeschooling.
Parents are able to sign up on the PureFlix.com homeschool page for a free, four-week curriculum support tool kit. You will gain access to thousands of documentaries and titles on science, history, Bible, animals, government and more in the company’s library. Every week for a month duration, suggested titled will be e-mailed to subscribers.
Some of the more popular titles include “Drive-Thru History”, “Our Fascinating Universe”, “Ancient Culture” and the popular, “3-2-1 Penguins” and “Friends and Heroes”. Titles are also broken down into several age-appropriate segments so that parents can find material suitable to their child’s age group.
“For the past six months, we’ve listened to what homeschool families have told us about the support they need to enhance their homeschooling efforts,” said Greg Gudorf, CEO of Pure Flix Digital. “Based on that feedback, we decided to launch this initiative and use our videos to help them and their children.”
“We strongly support Pure Flix in their efforts to assist families with healthy media choices,” said Tim Lambert, president of the Texas Home School Coalition (THSC). “Putting parents in charge of creative ways to enhance and enrich their children’s education is a critical component in today’s confused culture.”
Recent statistics show that homeschooled children are growing in numbers. The National Center for Educational Statistics estimates that 1.8 million children from 5-17 are being homeschooled in the United States alone. Additionally, 2003-2012 saw the number of homeschoolers increase by 61.8% (677,000 students).
Growth for homeschooling is attributed to the need to place an emphasis on a Christian worldview, and ranges from issues involving safety at school, Common Core curriculum issues, and teaching of controversial issues.
“The growth has been phenomenal and shows no signs of slowing down,” said Gudorf. “The interesting thing is, not all states report how many homeschool students they have, so the numbers could be even larger than reported. We are pleased to be supporting homeschool parents via our PureFlix.com.”Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017