You know that Purpose is what God has called you to do. And you know that when you have Purpose, it feels right. And You may have realized that when you lead with purpose, things seem to happen. Doors begin to open that have always been shut, everything begins to fall into place, and you can wake up every morning knowing that you are passionate about what you do. But then, as you get out into the world to sell your product, lead your organization, or change the world, have you noticed that people aren’t as into what you do as much as you are?
I had a friend who sold life insurance. It was completely out of her comfort zone, selling a product that is so centered around death. I mean who wants to think about death and dying? Nobody. The thing is, she became passionate about it for one reason–the people who came in and out of her family’s funeral home who could not afford to pay for their loved one’s funeral expenses. It was awful. Some had to make very tough decisions, like cremation, or have fundraisers just to cover funeral expenses. So she wanted to help those families.
I’ll admit, it’s the last thing I wanted to think about, but what sold me on buying life insurance was not the product. It was her purpose–the why behind her doing what she did. I’m convinced that in your business, if you can tell people why you do what you do (beyond the obvious of trying to feed your own family) then you will move them into becoming your next customer or client.
In the video below, Simon Sinek explains what successful companies have already mastered, the art of selling Purpose, in his captivating video “The Golden Circle”.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- VOICELESS Movie Speaks to the Silent Church - September 16, 2016
- Take the Mommy Test: What Kind of Mom Are You? - August 12, 2016
- Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade Anyone? Twenty Words that Sell Themselves - July 28, 2016
- Valuable Persuasive Leadership Lesson: What Not to Do - June 30, 2016
- Book You Are Not Normal Inspires Christians to Stand Out - June 8, 2016
- Trish Donohue Writes to Moms Who Want to Disciple Through Relationship - May 25, 2016
- Millionaires Chalk Success Up to Hard Work and Family Values - May 24, 2016
- The Courage to Lead When No One Wants to Follow - May 24, 2016
- New Biblical Leadership & Economics Homeschool Courses - May 10, 2016
- Purpose Sells, Not Products - April 26, 2016