We hear about bullying all the time, whether it is in schools or online. We try to protect our children’s self-esteem as best as we can, and their pain hurts to watch. There sometimes is a sense of helplessness as a parent as you want to step in and instinctively protect your “baby”. However, that isn’t always the correct answer. Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. They are not limited to age, and at some point, we need to learn how to deal with the situation.
Bullying is hard for the average child, but can be really devastating for someone with special needs. Children bully these kids because they are different, or they associate a learning disability as a lack of intelligence. They get picked on because others view putting them down as “easy”. Children mock what is perceived as different instead of understanding or showing compassion. Special needs kids are children, and just like other kids, deserve to be treated with respect.
Bullying can really torment a special needs child who just wants to be accepted. Kids with a learning disability get labeled as “dumb” or inadequate because they have to take different classes to deal with the disability. Likewise, children with Down Syndrome, Autism, Spina Bifida, Tourettes, etc. receive the same label. If it goes unaddressed, many children begin to believe the taunts, and the labels become part of their identity.
As parents, we can rip off those labels that others put on them- it’s never too late to tell them how special they are! Toni Troxell will teach you how to give your child hope for the future despite those speaking negative words over them. She will teach you how to make them KNOW they are special, that God made them special, and who God says they are. Once they grasp these concepts, then what others say doesn’t matter. They become confident in knowing that they can do anything God has called them to do.
Our next issue comes out April 26, 2017!
- The Case For Christ Will Turn Any Atheist Into A Believer… Hands Down! - April 19, 2017
- John Hagee Ministries Righteous Revolution Conference Returns For A Second Year - April 13, 2017
- Wheels of Hope Rising Foundation Gives Hope To Africa’s Underpriviledged - April 12, 2017
- The Hidden Truth About Down Syndrome: Do You Know The Reality? - April 10, 2017
- A Childhood Physical Disability Does Not Mean Limitations In Life - April 10, 2017
- Bullying Labels Your Child With Negative Words: Learn How To Erase Them - April 5, 2017
- God’s Plan And Purpose For A Special Needs Child Are Not Limited - April 4, 2017
- Parents, Do You Need Peace, Strength, and Energy? It’s A Prayer Away! - April 3, 2017
- “Your Child Has Special Needs”: Parents, What Do You Do? - March 31, 2017
- Unforgiveness? A Bondage? Gotta Break That Chain! - March 17, 2017