We hear about bullying all the time, whether it is in schools or online. We try to protect our children’s self-esteem as best as we can, and their pain hurts to watch. There sometimes is a sense of helplessness as a parent as you want to step in and instinctively protect your “baby”. However, that isn’t always the correct answer. Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. They are not limited to age, and at some point, we need to learn how to deal with the situation.
Bullying is hard for the average child, but can be really devastating for someone with special needs. Children bully these kids because they are different, or they associate a learning disability as a lack of intelligence. They get picked on because others view putting them down as “easy”. Children mock what is perceived as different instead of understanding or showing compassion. Special needs kids are children, and just like other kids, deserve to be treated with respect.
Bullying can really torment a special needs child who just wants to be accepted. Kids with a learning disability get labeled as “dumb” or inadequate because they have to take different classes to deal with the disability. Likewise, children with Down Syndrome, Autism, Spina Bifida, Tourettes, etc. receive the same label. If it goes unaddressed, many children begin to believe the taunts, and the labels become part of their identity.
As parents, we can rip off those labels that others put on them- it’s never too late to tell them how special they are! Toni Troxell will teach you how to give your child hope for the future despite those speaking negative words over them. She will teach you how to make them KNOW they are special, that God made them special, and who God says they are. Once they grasp these concepts, then what others say doesn’t matter. They become confident in knowing that they can do anything God has called them to do.
Our next issue comes out April 26, 2017!
- To The Lost Sheep, With Unconditional Love, Healing, And Acceptance - May 23, 2017
- A Revival In China? Ian Johnson Uncovers Why The Chinese Are Turning To God - May 19, 2017
- Receive Healing: Don’t Allow Tragedy To Turn Your Faith Into Travesty - May 17, 2017
- Director Dallas Jenkins Discusses Inspiration Behind The Resurrection of Gavin Stone - May 16, 2017
- If God Will Never Leave Me, Why Does He Feel So Far Away? - May 12, 2017
- March For Life Flag Raised In Ottawa For First Time… Then Taken Down! - May 12, 2017
- Feeling Empty, Alone, Incomplete, Or Yearning To Be Loved? - May 9, 2017
- Six Marvelous Mother’s Day Gifts Under $100 That She’ll Love! - May 5, 2017
- Healing The Scars Of Emotional Wounds Is Possible With Renewing Mind - May 5, 2017
- Do You Yearn To Be Loved, Feel Complete, and Valued? - May 3, 2017