Recent research indicates there is a decline in church growth. With a population of approximately 65 million believers that were once attending church, many are not attending at all and more are subject to leaving.
The Social Research Lab at the University is Colorado shows that 10% of church attendees are considering leaving the church while many felt that they were not making a difference and have decided to go outside where they could make a change.
Interestingly, the age of people leaving the church are in in their mid 40s.
Some of the reasons given for leaving the church are:
1. The feeling of being judged.
2. Didn’t like the preaching style.
3. Felt churches are to political.
The groups are doing doing great things! For example: preparing meals, service work, Bible lessons and staying in touch with God.
Our Two Cents :
Things have changed so much in the churches over the years. I was brought up being taught no pants in church, no dancing, no playing cards, respect your elders, and I love the old-time gospel hymns such as The Old Rugged Cross and Amazing Grace- to name couple. It brings back so many memories. I can still see the elders of the Church with their fans a swinging on a hot sunny day…memories that will be in my heart for a life time.
Fast forward, you now have women in jeans inside the church, and entire bands with praise and worship. The sermons are at a minimal, and pastors are afraid to step on toes out of fear of being let go. I get this… all of it.
Church is for God’s children to hear the Word, for lives to be transformed, for healing, for miracles, and to feel God’s presence. The Bible speaks about the gathering of the saints and the benefits therein. Church is very important as by its very design was created to equip the saints for the work of the gospel.
However, with all of the politics and conformity, have our churches fallen short of God’s design for equipping the saints for the work of the ministry? The truth will never be heard if we keep silent, and the world, who needs the truth, will never change. Unfortunately, what many pastors who conform do not realize is that they will be answerable to God for their decisions.
We answer to God, not to man.
- Kountze Cheerleaders Celebrate by Waving Bible Versed Banners High - February 5, 2016
- Human Trafficking Issue Now Hits Small Town America Via Pornography - February 4, 2016
- Cohabitation Rates Rise Among Christians Coupled with Justifications - February 3, 2016
- Affordable Care Act Blessing or Curse to US Citizens - February 2, 2016
- US Government Advises Against North Korea Travel After Unfair Arrest - January 22, 2016
- Young Children Become Unknowing Pawns in Terrorism Game - December 16, 2015
- Republicans Seek Alternatives Regarding Affordable Care Act - December 12, 2015
- American Made Purchases Produce Jobs This Holiday Season - December 1, 2015
- Effects of Video Games on Children Conclude Mixed Findings - December 1, 2015
- Believers Should Treat All Living Things With Reverence - November 16, 2015