Dallas Jenkins is best known for directing his latest movie, The Resurrection of Gavin Stone, which was released January 20, 2017 in theatres.
The Resurrection of Gavin Stone is an inspirational comedy about faith and forgiveness. The main character, Gavin Stone, is a washed-up child star “bad boy” who is sentenced to do community service for destroying property at a party. The movie opens with Gavin who has just completed rehab and is given the choice to either do community service at a church, or jail time.
Not thrilled of the idea of returning to his hometown to face his father (nor mend the relationship), Gavin concedes and agrees to the community service.
Gavin begins his community service as a janitor, and manages to escalate his position to playing the part of Jesus in the church’s annual passion play by pretending to be a Christian.
Through a series of twists and turns, Gavin discovers that what once seemed important to him may not be as great as he thinks.
Dallas Jenkins also produced the independent feature, Hometown Legend, at age 25 and was able to have it distributed by Warner Brothers. He received notoriety with his directing debut short film, Cliche, and Midnight Clear featuring Stephen Baldwin. Midnight Clear won a Crystal Heart Award from the Heartland Film Festival. Midnight Clear went on to win awards in festivals nationally.
“What If…” starring Kevin Sorbo, Kristy Swanson, Debby Ryan, and John Ratzenberger was released in 2010.
Dallas Jenkins is currently running Vertical Church Films in Chicago. He is directing and producing feature-length and short films. His two shorts for Harvest Bible Chapel entitled, “The Ride” and “Once We Were Slaves” won several festival awards nationally.
Faith Filled Family was blessed to interview Dallas Jenkins on his latest movie, The Resurrection of Gavin Stone, wherein he discusses the movie is greater depth, his personal life, and the inspiration behind the movie.
Our interview with Dallas Jenkins will appear in our June Issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine coming out May 26, 2017.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People? Does God Allow It? - October 20, 2017
- Trinity Broadcasting Network Airs A Special On Racial Division In America - October 19, 2017
- “Giant Find” Unearthed Under Jerusalem’s Western Wall - October 18, 2017
- Moving Past The Unforgivable In Marriage To Forgiveness - October 17, 2017
- Habitual Sin Hurting Your Marriage? Find Out How to Gain Control - October 16, 2017
- Did You Know That God’s Grace Does Have An End? - October 13, 2017
- Chris Tomlin Kicks Off Good Good Father Tour Tonight - October 12, 2017
- Do You Know The Difference Between Grace And Mercy? - October 6, 2017
- Canadian Native, Manafest, Appears On FFFM’s November Cover - October 6, 2017
- Severity Of Sin: God’s Forgiveness Truly Is a One Size Fits All - October 4, 2017