*Tashman, Brian, “Ted Cruz: Gay Marriage is the Greatest Threat to Religious Freedom in American History”; Rightwingwatch.org; 5/14/2015;
Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who is the Republican presidential candidate, believes that the gay “jihad” may lead to the imprisonment of pastors and put an end to free speech in America. In a recent interview with a right-wing radio host, he claimed that he felt that the legalization of same-sex marriage represented “the greatest threat to religious freedom in the history of the United States”.
Cruz said that he found the religious freedom discussions held in Indiana and Arkansas to be heartbreaking examples of how the Democrats have gotten so extreme in its “devotion to manditory gay marriage that they’ve decided there’s no room for the religious liberty protected under the First Amendment”.
Cruz also commented that the Democrats joined with large enterprises in “vilifying” any effort to protect religious liberty. He felt that too many Republicans and presidential candidates avoided taking a stand and fled.
“We’re a nation that was founded by men and women who were fleeing religious oppression and coming to seek out a land where everyone of us could worship God Almighty with all of our hearts, minds and souls, and that is under profound jeopardy today,” Cruz said.
“The next step on this,” Cruz said, “is your church being told it now pays income taxes on the tithes that are given each week, that it is now singled out and discriminated against, that universities like Notre Dame or Georgetown and Brigham Young or any university that is founded as a Christian university, if it continues to follow biblical teachings on marriage, the federal government is asserting the power to discriminate and persecute them.” This comment led Metaxas to create parallels between this and what went on in Nazi Germany.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Faith Filled Family
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017
- Higher Vision Worship Is January Music Spotlight - December 23, 2017
- Comedian Tim Loveless On January Cover - December 22, 2017