Police in a western Texas Alpine school say there is an active shooter on Thursday morning.
One person was shot and wounded before the shooter died of a self-inflicted gunshot, according to Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson.
Additionally, a police officer was accidentally shot by a marshal as officers responded to the first shooting. Their condition was not immediately released.
Police evacuated the school Thursday morning reporting that initially there were two shooters involved. However, late Thursday morning, with the initial shooter dead, police determined there was no other shooter involved. One of the incidents erupted in the school’s band hall, and the names of those involved have not been released.
According to CNN, a junior who attended the school began second period with a teacher outside her class telling students to evacuate the classrooms. According to the witness, the teacher told everyone to get into the closet.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017