How much confusion surrounds our dreams, and their interpretation? As a society, we have accepted nightmares and night terrors (when your child wakes up screaming in the night from a bad dream) as normal. We dismiss it as “they/I simply had a nightmare/bad dream”. But did we really? Should we really be dismissive about bad dreams?
Now, there are dreams in which we will “re-enact” what is going on in our minds. We will often replay what we are concerned about in our sleep, and sometimes our fears will overwhelm us. These will cause bad dreams- but it doesn’t mean that we have to accept them. It should be a warning that a spirit of fear is in operation- definitely NOT of God- and that there is something that we need to take up in prayer.
Dreaming of the dead? They are not there to give you advise, but to lead you astray. These are familiar spirits, and they most definitely will, and can give you nightmares. They are not giving you a forewarning as only God knows your future. If God is warning you, it wouldn’t come with fear, but with peace. Again, anything that causes fear is probably of the enemy. There is a way of dealing with familiar spirits that deals with them quite effectively (remember, scripture tells us to test all spirits). Additionally, God will instruct you as to what to do in what He has revealed to you, because it has been revealed for a reason. Ever asked a familiar spirit what to do to avoid calamity? They don’t know since all they want is for your destruction.
Bad dream all around? Again, it may be due to stress. It can also be demonic in nature. It can be of Satan attempting to lead you astray (especially if you listen to it), or Satan trying to torment you.
All of these instances can be summed up in the following phrase: If your dreams place fear instead of peace within you, then they are probably of the enemy. God gave us a sound mind- not a spirit of fear.
Michelle Danko will go into what familiar spirits are and how to defeat them in your dreams. She will also discuss why night terrors in children are not a normal part of growing up, and how you can teach your children to conquer demons in their sleep.
Nightmares do not have to plague your sleeping moments! A restful night sleep should be our main goal, and anything less is… well, ungodly!
All these answers and more in our next edition of Faith Filled Family Magazine coming out on November 27, 2017!
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018
- Three United States Men Released Yesterday From North Korean Prison - May 10, 2018
- 2018 K-LOVE Fan Awards Nominees Just Announced - May 8, 2018
- Know Who You Are In Christ … It Strengthens Relationships - May 7, 2018
- Married/Getting Married? We Have Tips On Laying A Firm Foundation - May 4, 2018