This is a question that many of us have asked at one point: “God, why does it seem so easy for _____ to prosper financially while I continue to struggle?”. From our perception, it hardly seems fair that money should come so easily to another and not to us. For many, it causes us to question God when scripture clearly states that God is no respecter of persons.
If you are not prospering financially as much as you would like, or if you are struggling, there could be many things at play. At a base level, we are taught a “name it and claim it” principle for financial prosperity- to claim God’s promises over your finances, claim them over your life, believe and you will receive. We’ve heard testimonies of checks just coming in the mail, or someone gave this person money that solved their crisis. Some come to depend on that “supernatural manifestation” and become disappointed when the same miracle doesn’t happen in their life. The problem is that we aren’t taught into maturity over the situation- meaning that there are sometimes things that we do that prevent us from walking in financial stability.
It’s not that God doesn’t want to bless us or take care of our needs. If you struggle with this, read Matthew 6:25-34 which will give you hope. However, for this discussion, there are simply some things that we must do to ensure that we receive the blessing. Scripture tells us that God will bless us- but He also says that He will bless what we put our hands to. If you don’t put your hand to anything (work hard consistently), what is God going to bless? If you show poor character, why would God bless you with riches when His Word says “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” (Luke 16:10 NIV). There are many reasons that may prevent you from receiving God’s riches.
Our January issue will delve deeper into the reasons that you may not be receiving the blessing, and common things that prevent people from walking in God’s riches over their lives. We will also discuss how to get back on track so those blessings will flow abundantly over your life.
Our next issue comes out December 27, 2017 on our website, across social media, and through our free subscription.
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In April Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018
- Parenting Quiz: Are You Powerful, Prayerful, or Praise-Worthy? - April 4, 2018