GRAMMY® Nominated Skillet will embark on their 2016 international summer festival tour, kicking off in Denmark’s Jelling Festival on May 28 with a wrap on July 3 in the Czech Republic. Skillet will travel to multiple international markets, hitting some of the most popular festivals across Europe and Russia including UK’s Download, Germany’s Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park. The tour arrives shortly after their RIAA double platinum certification of top single “Monster,” known as the biggest digital single in Christian music history. Skillet’s 2014 headlining international tour sold-out more than half of all venues including London, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Warsaw, Antwerp and Cologne. Skillet’s 2016 tour is the band’s fourth trek across Europe.
The platinum selling rock band has sold more than 11 million albums and singles in the U.S., amassing a diehard social following whose members number nearly seven million with nearly 400 million views on YouTube alone. Their most recent project, the Dove Award garnering RISE (2013), debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard Top 200 and No. 1 on the Billboard Rock and Christian charts, boasting four consecutive No. 1 radio hits and a late night television debut on Conan. The LP served as the follow-up to 2009 platinum blockbuster, AWAKE, which garnered three Billboard Music Awards and spawned four multi format hit singles. Included in those is the platinum selling “Awake & Alive” and two-time platinum single “Monster” whose companion video has generated more than 147 million YouTube views and was named the most streamed song in CCM history. Known for their explosive live performance, Skillet treks the globe, headlining sold-out shows all over the world including the U.S., Europe, Brazil, Russia and more.
On April 8, John Cooper revealed a short clip from Skillet’ new album on his personal social media accounts, available on Twitter and Instagram, with a social reach of nearly 1,700,000. The highly anticipated record will follow three years after their hit RISE and will provide ample fuel for fans hoping to get more sneak peaks to flood the festival tour stops.
For more information on Skillet’s upcoming tour, visit www.skillet.com/tour
- New Book Illustrates How Forgiveness Brings a ‘Change of Heart’ - November 8, 2016
- Full Circle Academy Launches Music-Maker’s Boot Camp - June 29, 2016
- Chris Tomlin’s Worship Night In America Returns This Summer - June 15, 2016
- “Skillet” Kicks Off Festival Tour at Denmark’s Jelling Festival - May 12, 2016
- K-LOVE Fan Award 2016 Nominees To Be Announced Tomorrow - May 9, 2016
- Capitol CMG and The Heartland Tour Welcomes “The New Respects” - May 9, 2016
- Hallie Todd’s “The Last Champion” Is A Family Affair - May 6, 2016
- Viral Video You Gotta Love Millennials Breaks Down Generational Barriers - May 5, 2016
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.