The Christian Post says that South Sudan local church officials have indeed confirmed a report recently released by the United Nations documenting the horrors of the South Sudanese civil war which includes mass rapes, abuse of children, abuse of the disabled, and many heinous forms of torture and death.
The United Nations report lists what they call “harrowing accounts of pro-opposition civilians killed by being burned alive, suffocated in containers, shot, hanged from trees or cut to pieces.” Reports of forced cannibalism are noted in the report as well.
The civil war commenced in 2013 when President Salva Kiir and his supporters came into opposition with former Vice President Riek Machar. Both Kiir and Machar form two clashing ethnicities in South Sudan.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights especially noted the amount and frequency of rapes in South Sudan is disturbing. Over 1,300 rapes were reported in one state alone.
- Self-Control: Dealing With The “I Want It Now” Syndrome In Children - April 20, 2018
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In May Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018