The Christian Post says that South Sudan local church officials have indeed confirmed a report recently released by the United Nations documenting the horrors of the South Sudanese civil war which includes mass rapes, abuse of children, abuse of the disabled, and many heinous forms of torture and death.
The United Nations report lists what they call “harrowing accounts of pro-opposition civilians killed by being burned alive, suffocated in containers, shot, hanged from trees or cut to pieces.” Reports of forced cannibalism are noted in the report as well.
The civil war commenced in 2013 when President Salva Kiir and his supporters came into opposition with former Vice President Riek Machar. Both Kiir and Machar form two clashing ethnicities in South Sudan.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights especially noted the amount and frequency of rapes in South Sudan is disturbing. Over 1,300 rapes were reported in one state alone.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017