A previously unreached village located in southeast Asia was converted to Christianity after they witnessed a miracle performed by Christ.
Their apparently dead leader miraculously came back to life after people prayed over him.
President of the Southern Baptist International Mission Board, David Platt, commented that it was a modern-day resurrection from the dead. He told the story in Nashville.
A local southeast Asian Christian who was recently converted by Southern Baptist missionaries took some friends and began sharing the gospel in a village that, according to Baptist Press, had previously been unreached.
The response from the local villagers was positive, and they began to burn anything associated with the occult.
Then, the village leader died.
The villagers, believing that they angered local spirits by turning to Christ, asked for their ritual objects to be returned.
Christians went to where the leader lay, and prayed for a miracle over his body. They requested that God show His mercy to the local villagers, show His glory, and love to that people who were close.
Miraculously, the man coughed, and began breathing! Platt said this miracle encouraged the Christians to evangelize.
“So they shared the Gospel, and in the days to come, people started coming to faith in Christ and that village starting burning their idols.”
Platt is unsure as to whether the leader died or not, but “Even if he wasn’t dead, God sure chose an opportune moment for that guy to cough.”
Platt commented that there are things that he does not know, but he says that the gospel of a God who conquered death on the cross and tell the dead to come to life is something that he is confident in.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017