A special full moon known as the “super blue blood moon” is anticipated for January 31, 2018. The western part of the United States will have the best view of this incredible phenomenon.
A “super blue blood moon” is called this by NASA for three reasons:
- It’s the third in a series of “super moons” (when the moon is closer to Earth in its orbit and is more luminescent than usual).
- It’s the second full moon of the month, which is what classifies it as a blue moon.
- It will pass through the Earth’s shadow providing for a total lunar eclipse in some areas. As with most lunar eclipses, it will take on a reddish tint known as a blood moon.
Blue moons themselves occur every two and a half years. However, a super blue blood moon is extremely rare with the last occurring in 1866.
The West Coast, Alaska, and Hawaii are expected to have the best view from start to finish- weather permitting. Eclipse viewing may be challenging in the eastern time zones as it commences at 5:51 AM ET as the moon sets in the western sky and the sky becomes brighter in the east.
The next lunar eclipse is expected to happen next year in North America on January 21, 2019.
The Significance For Believers
Blood moons are associated with spiritual significance and as part of end time prophecies. Many additionally believe they have a special significance to Israel.
Rabbi Yosef Berger (rabbi of King David’s Tomb on Mount Zion) informed Breaking Israel News that the Super Blue Blood Moon is significant with recent political events: Trump’s announcement of plans to move the U.S. embassy.
- 71% Of Kids Hide Internet Activity. Could Yours Be One Of Them? - May 26, 2018
- Elevation Worship Hallelujah Here Below Tour On Sale Now - May 25, 2018
- President Trump Cancels North Korea Nuclear Summit - May 24, 2018
- President Trump Delivers Heartfelt Speech On Abortion - May 23, 2018
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018