More Women Are Chosing Life Over Abortion
A new report concluded that the number of teen abortions in the United States fell to a historic low in 2011.
Guttmacher Institute, which is pro-abortion and a former research entity for Planned Parenthood, recently released a new report indicating that teenage abortions are at the lowest point since 1973 when the Roe vs. Wade case allowed it to occur throughout a woman’s pregnancy. Also noted was a decrease in teen pregnancies.
The statistics appear to indicate that an increasing amount of pregnant teens are choosing to give birth. Even though the report did indicate that fewer teenage girls are getting pregnant, those that are, are not as likely to choose abortion as an option. Research indicated that the number of pregancies ending in abortion declined by one third from 1985 to 2007.
The report concluded that only 5% of teens became pregnant in 2011, which translated into 52 pregnancies per 1,000 teenage girls. It is a 23% drop from 2008, and over a 50% drop from 1990.
Between racial groups, the 2011 birthrate was non-Hispanice white teenagers was 21.7%, non-Hispanie black teenagers (47.2) and Hispanic teenagers recorded 49.6%
Guttmacher credited the decline as likely due to increased access to contraception, however, many pro-lifers attribute the decline to increases in pro-life education, and support for mothers with children. Teens are now benefiting from abstinence education in schools, and resources that portray that an unborn child truly is a living being.
Decades ago, abortions were at an all time high with one-third of pregnancies ending in abortion. Pro-life laws, educational efforts, pregnancy centers and pro-life groups have been instrumental in closing abortion clinics which has resulted in only one out of five pregnancies ending in abortion.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017
- Higher Vision Worship Is January Music Spotlight - December 23, 2017
- Comedian Tim Loveless On January Cover - December 22, 2017