Friday morning, a man armed with a machete exclaimed, “Allahu Akhbar” meaning God is great in Arabic, before attacking a soldier posted outside the Louvre Museum in Paris. Fortunately, the soldier received minor wounds to his head. He did manage to succeed in shooting the attacker multiple times in the stomach and the head seriously injuring him.
The suspect was later identified as a 29-year-old man from Egypt, and he is currently listed in serious condition. CNN reported that the man when admitted to hospital had no identity papers, but was later identified through social media.
The man was wearing two backpacks at the time and had two weapons, but Police later discovered, no explosives.
French Prime Minister Bernard Cazeneuve claimed in a statement that the attack was indeed “terrorist” in nature.
Michel Cadot, the head of the French capitol police force said in a statement, “We are dealing with an attack from an individual who was clearly aggressive and represented a direct threat, and whose comments lead us to believe that he wished to carry out a terrorist incident.”
As a result of the attack, the Louvre- one of France’s most frequented and popular tourist sites, was closed off to visitors. France has been subject to numerous deadly Islamic terrorist attacks over the past year, and this area, in particular, is heavily patrolled by armed soldiers.
France continues to be on high alert.
The most recent attack was in July of last year on Bastille Day in Nice. A Tunisian man drove a truck through crowded sidewalks resulting in 86 deaths.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- Continually Passed Up For Promotion? Why? - January 19, 2018
- Matthew West Invites Listeners To Go “All In” - January 19, 2018
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017