Friday morning, a man armed with a machete exclaimed, “Allahu Akhbar” meaning God is great in Arabic, before attacking a soldier posted outside the Louvre Museum in Paris. Fortunately, the soldier received minor wounds to his head. He did manage to succeed in shooting the attacker multiple times in the stomach and the head seriously injuring him.
The suspect was later identified as a 29-year-old man from Egypt, and he is currently listed in serious condition. CNN reported that the man when admitted to hospital had no identity papers, but was later identified through social media.
The man was wearing two backpacks at the time and had two weapons, but Police later discovered, no explosives.
French Prime Minister Bernard Cazeneuve claimed in a statement that the attack was indeed “terrorist” in nature.
Michel Cadot, the head of the French capitol police force said in a statement, “We are dealing with an attack from an individual who was clearly aggressive and represented a direct threat, and whose comments lead us to believe that he wished to carry out a terrorist incident.”
As a result of the attack, the Louvre- one of France’s most frequented and popular tourist sites, was closed off to visitors. France has been subject to numerous deadly Islamic terrorist attacks over the past year, and this area, in particular, is heavily patrolled by armed soldiers.
France continues to be on high alert.
The most recent attack was in July of last year on Bastille Day in Nice. A Tunisian man drove a truck through crowded sidewalks resulting in 86 deaths.
- To The Lost Sheep, With Unconditional Love, Healing, And Acceptance - May 23, 2017
- A Revival In China? Ian Johnson Uncovers Why The Chinese Are Turning To God - May 19, 2017
- Receive Healing: Don’t Allow Tragedy To Turn Your Faith Into Travesty - May 17, 2017
- Director Dallas Jenkins Discusses Inspiration Behind The Resurrection of Gavin Stone - May 16, 2017
- If God Will Never Leave Me, Why Does He Feel So Far Away? - May 12, 2017
- March For Life Flag Raised In Ottawa For First Time… Then Taken Down! - May 12, 2017
- Feeling Empty, Alone, Incomplete, Or Yearning To Be Loved? - May 9, 2017
- Six Marvelous Mother’s Day Gifts Under $100 That She’ll Love! - May 5, 2017
- Healing The Scars Of Emotional Wounds Is Possible With Renewing Mind - May 5, 2017
- Do You Yearn To Be Loved, Feel Complete, and Valued? - May 3, 2017