The six year unrest in Syria due to an ongoing conflict has recently led to 100,000 Syrians being displaced in an eight day time span.
Stream.org attributes the displacement to government troops clashing with insurgents in Hama province.
The conflict was led by Jund al _Aqsa, a hard approach Islamic group. It also involved the Western-backed Free Syrian Army. Syrian government forces responded to these two groups by initiating a bombing campaign that killed dozens of people while displacing others.
Half of the 100,000 displaced people took refuge in rebel-held Idlib governorate. Others sought refuge in government-controlled Hama city in converted Mosque shelters.
Syrians fear that the government will take revenge on the rebel offensive.
Since the beginning of the conflict in Syria, it is estimated that eleven million Syrians have evacuated their homes. 4.8 million are refugees in other countries, and 7 million are displaced internally.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017