Yesterday, Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, returned home three United States men who had spent the previous 1-3 years in a North Korean prison. Kim Dong-Chul, Kim Hak-Song and Tony Kim were imprisoned were Christians, and ethnically Korean. Two were wrongfully accused of hostile acts which resulted in an arrest spring of 2017. The third, according to USA Today , was accused of supposedly spying on North Korea and attempting to steal military secrets for South Korea.
Fortunately, all three United States men appear to be in good health. Not everyone released from North Korea has been so blessed. Just last year, one American student was released from North Korea and was in a coma when released. He died soon after his return to the United States. Additionally, a pastor from Canada who was released last year, was also unwell after his release.
The three men released a statement on their way home thanking God, their families and friends who prayed for their safe return, according to USA Today.
Last week, Trump hinted at a possible release. North Korea’s release of the three United States men was done to prepare for the upcoming meeting between President Trump and Kim Jong-un later this year. The New York Times remarked that the release was an American condition to the planned nuclear talks.
- 71% Of Kids Hide Internet Activity. Could Yours Be One Of Them? - May 26, 2018
- Elevation Worship Hallelujah Here Below Tour On Sale Now - May 25, 2018
- President Trump Cancels North Korea Nuclear Summit - May 24, 2018
- President Trump Delivers Heartfelt Speech On Abortion - May 23, 2018
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018