After ten seasons of 19 Kids & Counting, TLC is officially canceling the show. TLC notified The Associated Press on Thursday that the hit reality show will no longer appear on the air.
TLC originally pulled the show after it was revealed that Josh Duggar had molested five children including his sisters while he was underage.
A Discovery spokesperson did tell CNN, however, that the network is not ruling out a spin-off of the show featuring some of the Duggar children. There is some speculation that Jill and Jessa will be the likely candidates since they have recently started families of their own.
TLC also announced that it has teamed up with two child-protection organizations for an ongoing campaign to raise child sexual abuse awareness.
This initiative will begin with an hour long, commercial free documentary airing late August featuring Jill and Jessa Duggar.
‘We spent the past month and a half in thoughtful consideration about what is the best way forward here,’ said Marjorie Kaplan, who is the group president of TLC, Animal Planet and Velocity networks. ‘We took it as an opportunity to step further than just “How do we protect ourselves?” and step into “How do we protect our audience and protect children?”‘
LONG LIST OF SCANDALS FOR TLC
-Here Comes Honey Boo Boo: Canceled last year after photos surfaced of “Mama June” and Mark McDaniel. McDaniel was recently released from prison after serving a sentence for child molestation against one of Shannon’s daughters.
There is also an elevated catwalk that cuts through the living room which allows everyone in the house to keep an eye on who is spending time together.
TLC FOUND A REPLACEMENT
Our Prayer (because you know what our two cents are!)
Copyright 2015 Faith Filled Family
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017
- Higher Vision Worship Is January Music Spotlight - December 23, 2017
- Comedian Tim Loveless On January Cover - December 22, 2017