“Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]” Hebrews 13:5 AMPC
Times of tragedy can have a profound impact on our faith- if we let it. Some of us may be faced with a financial crisis wherein business is failing, or there just isn’t enough money to pay the bills. We may have lost a job, or a loved one. There may have been an accident, or a spouse may have left us. It is easy to praise God when things are going well, but what about when tragedy strikes?
Not quite so easy.
Tragedy can cause a believer to do one of three things:
- Cry out to God and pray.
- Turn away from God and be bitter.
- Blame God and pull away. Faith is destroyed.
Tragedy can cause us to question our faith, and to question God… We’ve all been there. It is easy to ask God angrily where He is in all of this, and to blame Him for what has happened. Anger, for most, is an understandable process we go through when bad things happen- especially when we don’t understand why. Anger is okay… to a point.
Our June issue discusses how to deal with tragedy, as we’ve all faced it at one point. We will discuss how to overcome feelings of anger and bring you into a place of peace. We will also discuss the emotions involved in the process, bring healing, and deal with people who have had their faith shaken by a tragedy that they can’t reconcile with God.
Furthermore, we will help those that have turned their back on God in anger to come back into His loving arms again and receive healing. You see, most often people abandon their faith when they feel that God has abandoned them. However, as you can see from the scripture above, that is not the case- God is always near. It is us that pulls away.
For those that are wrestling with whether a loving God would allow tragedy/accident to happen to you, we will address that, too. Margo McKenzie will teach you how to bring peace and healing back into your lives. And for some, return to Christ.
Our next issue is released on May 26, 2017.
- Parents, Learn How To Pray Your Children Into An Incredible Future - August 18, 2017
- How To Know When It’s Time To Change Course In Life - August 18, 2017
- Can Your Earthly Father Skew Your Perception on God’s Forgiveness? - August 17, 2017
- Chris & Stephanie Teague Discuss How God Restored Their Marriage - August 12, 2017
- In The Eye Of The Storm? Unlock The Key To Perfect Peace! - August 9, 2017
- Feeling Burdened By A Situation? We Have The Key To Your Joy! - August 9, 2017
- “Mully” Depicts An Inspirational True Life Rags To Riches Story - August 8, 2017
- When We Are Weak, He Is Strong. Learn How to Access His Strength! - August 7, 2017
- Natasha Owens Discusses Inspiration Behind Latest Album With FFFM - August 4, 2017
- Why How You Treat Your Parents Effects Life Expectancy - August 2, 2017
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.