We have all heard the scripture in Proverbs 22:6 which states, “Train up a child in the way he should go and He will never depart from it.”. Additionally, Ephesians 6:1-4 states, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” Yet, do we understand the fullness of this revelation? Moreover, that this verse does not just apply to your children, but to adults with parents as well.
Part of the revelation that comes from this scripture is the fact that if we obey our parents (assuming that they are not going against scripture), God promises us long life. It is a promise. But what is the significance of this promise? Why does simply obeying your parents come with a promise of longevity?
Moreover the closing of this scripture deals with how parents are to treat their children, and how to discipline them effectively. Are we, as parents, living up to this standard in raising our children?
Laura Linne will address the significance of obeying your parents (no matter what your age), and why God promises that it will lead to a long life. She will also discuss what to you with children who are rebellious and what happens if they refuse to listen. She will also extrapolate on how to get their attention.
There is a benefit to listening to our elders, and Laura Linne will uncover this potentially “little known” biblical secret!
Our September issue comes out on August 28, 2017!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- You May Be A Good Leader, But Are You A Godly One? - December 14, 2017
- Looking For An Educational And Entertaining Movie For the Family? - December 13, 2017
- Tithe Or Eat: What To Do If There Isn’t Enough - December 12, 2017
- Why Settling In Life Can Stop God’s Blessing - December 11, 2017
- How Do You Successfully Balance Work & Family? - December 9, 2017
- Taffi Dollar Announces 2018 Women’s Conference - December 6, 2017
- Voting Now Open For We Love Christian Music Awards - December 5, 2017
- Get Out Of Being A Lender’s Slave - December 4, 2017
- Does Your Belief Align With God’s Truth About Money? - December 2, 2017
- National Geographic Explores The Secrets Of Christ’s Tomb - November 29, 2017