We have all heard the scripture in Proverbs 22:6 which states, “Train up a child in the way he should go and He will never depart from it.”. Additionally, Ephesians 6:1-4 states, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” Yet, do we understand the fullness of this revelation? Moreover, that this verse does not just apply to your children, but to adults with parents as well.
Part of the revelation that comes from this scripture is the fact that if we obey our parents (assuming that they are not going against scripture), God promises us long life. It is a promise. But what is the significance of this promise? Why does simply obeying your parents come with a promise of longevity?
Moreover the closing of this scripture deals with how parents are to treat their children, and how to discipline them effectively. Are we, as parents, living up to this standard in raising our children?
Laura Linne will address the significance of obeying your parents (no matter what your age), and why God promises that it will lead to a long life. She will also discuss what to you with children who are rebellious and what happens if they refuse to listen. She will also extrapolate on how to get their attention.
There is a benefit to listening to our elders, and Laura Linne will uncover this potentially “little known” biblical secret!
Our September issue comes out on August 28, 2017!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People? Does God Allow It? - October 20, 2017
- Trinity Broadcasting Network Airs A Special On Racial Division In America - October 19, 2017
- “Giant Find” Unearthed Under Jerusalem’s Western Wall - October 18, 2017
- Moving Past The Unforgivable In Marriage To Forgiveness - October 17, 2017
- Habitual Sin Hurting Your Marriage? Find Out How to Gain Control - October 16, 2017
- Did You Know That God’s Grace Does Have An End? - October 13, 2017
- Chris Tomlin Kicks Off Good Good Father Tour Tonight - October 12, 2017
- Do You Know The Difference Between Grace And Mercy? - October 6, 2017
- Canadian Native, Manafest, Appears On FFFM’s November Cover - October 6, 2017
- Severity Of Sin: God’s Forgiveness Truly Is a One Size Fits All - October 4, 2017