We have all heard the scripture in Proverbs 22:6 which states, “Train up a child in the way he should go and He will never depart from it.”. Additionally, Ephesians 6:1-4 states, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” Yet, do we understand the fullness of this revelation? Moreover, that this verse does not just apply to your children, but to adults with parents as well.
Part of the revelation that comes from this scripture is the fact that if we obey our parents (assuming that they are not going against scripture), God promises us long life. It is a promise. But what is the significance of this promise? Why does simply obeying your parents come with a promise of longevity?
Moreover the closing of this scripture deals with how parents are to treat their children, and how to discipline them effectively. Are we, as parents, living up to this standard in raising our children?
Laura Linne will address the significance of obeying your parents (no matter what your age), and why God promises that it will lead to a long life. She will also discuss what to you with children who are rebellious and what happens if they refuse to listen. She will also extrapolate on how to get their attention.
There is a benefit to listening to our elders, and Laura Linne will uncover this potentially “little known” biblical secret!
Our September issue comes out on August 28, 2017!
- Can Your Earthly Father Skew Your Perception on God’s Forgiveness? - August 17, 2017
- Chris & Stephanie Teague Discuss How God Restored Their Marriage - August 12, 2017
- In The Eye Of The Storm? Unlock The Key To Perfect Peace! - August 9, 2017
- Feeling Burdened By A Situation? We Have The Key To Your Joy! - August 9, 2017
- “Mully” Depicts An Inspirational True Life Rags To Riches Story - August 8, 2017
- When We Are Weak, He Is Strong. Learn How to Access His Strength! - August 7, 2017
- Natasha Owens Discusses Inspiration Behind Latest Album With FFFM - August 4, 2017
- Why How You Treat Your Parents Effects Life Expectancy - August 2, 2017
- Are You Temporal Or Eternally Minded When It Comes To Heaven? - August 2, 2017
- God, I Want You To Move That Mountain Right… NOW! - July 31, 2017
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.