Yesterday, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson interviewed the executive vice president of Planned Parenthood. The interview included a discussion on federal funding and led to Dawn Laguens thoughts on abortion.
The Trump administration is looking to cut federal funding to Planned Parenthood if they choose to continue to perform abortions. Planned Parenthood is the largest provider of abortions in the United States and was recently involved in an undercover investigation regarding the selling of aborted baby parts for profit. Many Americans were outraged when the information became public, and there was a notable outcry to have the organization defunded.
In Laguens interview, she gave the usual scripted answers about how the majority of Americans support Roe vs. Wade and a woman’s right to choose whether or not to terminate a pregnancy. She states that they do not coerce a woman to obtain an abortion, but merely offer it as an option. Yet they are they are the largest abortion provider nationally.
The interview became interesting when Tucker asked Laguens about her personal thoughts on whether abortion ends a life as there are indeed many Americans who feel this is murder.
Pressed to give her thoughts on her thoughts as to whether abortion is extinguishing a fetal heartbeat, Laguens failed to answer the question directly. Instead, she deflected the conversation towards a woman’s right to choose what she does with her own body.
Carlson directly asked Laguens if it was a “big deal to her or not” if you can hear the fetal heartbeat and then it’s extinguished. Also, if it wasn’t a big deal to her, to discuss why not.
Laguens response was as follows:
“Well, I take seriously all of the healthcare work that we provide at Planned Parenthood,” Laguens replied. “I believe in safe, legal abortion. I believe it’s up to each woman and individual.”
When Tucker asks her to define a fetus and whether it is considered a separate entity, she said that it was up to the woman to decide. She further deflected the conversation turning it back to a statistic that 70% of Americans support Roe versus Wade, and that it should be made into law.
Tucker subsequently pressed her on the fact that fetal heartbeats can be heard as early as 21 days after fertilization and brought it back to the sentiment that many people view abortion as murder because the heartbeat proves that the fetus is a living being.
Laguens responds with a safe statement, “I personally favor safe, legal abortion in this country decided on by each individual woman and her doctor to decide for themselves. I personally do not believe that that is a viable fetus at that point.”
Which causes Carlson to further question her not according to viability, but as to whether she feels that if there is a heartbeat, that the fetus is a human being or not.
The full segment can be watched below.
- Terror Attack in Jerusalem Leaves Two Officers Dead And A Third Wounded - July 14, 2017
- Hillsong United’s Album Brings A Deeper Appreciation Of God - July 12, 2017
- Elevation Worship Graces Faith Filled Family’s Cover For August Issue! - July 11, 2017
- Believing For A Miracle In Your Life? Here’s Why You Should Trust in God - July 7, 2017
- God Will Exceed Our Needs… But For What Purpose? - July 6, 2017
- Newsboys and Premier Productions Announce Big Church Night Out Tour - July 5, 2017
- God Is Love And Nothing Can Separate You From His Love - July 3, 2017
- Don’t Seek To Avenge A Wrong- Ask God To Deal With It! - June 29, 2017
- How Well Do You Know God? It May Not Be As Well As You Think! - June 27, 2017
- National Geographic Launches New Series, “The Long Road Home” - June 23, 2017