I woke up this morning thinking about Lemonade (and not because there’s an album out about it) but because the I love lemonade, especially in October. You see, October means that its time to go to the County Fair, and there you will find the best lemonade. Or at least, it was when I was a kid. Now, when I go to the fair, I frantically search for that sign, moving from concession stand to stand. I only stop when I see the words: Fresh-squeezed Lemonade. Yeah, I’m old school, in a sense, because I love home-made stuff. I love that somebody took the time to squeeze all the juice and pulp out of a lemon and added real sugar.
So yes, I’ll spend 15 minutes trying to find “the stand” with the real lemonade.
It got me to thinking: Having good lemonade is important, but the word “fresh-squeezed” is even more important. Because if this lemon lover does not see that word, then she is not stopping. And what if everyone actually had the same lemonade??
More food (pun intended) for thought: What if Popeye’s just sold biscuits, and not Buttermilk Biscuits? And what if Bluebell didn’t sell Homemade Ice cream? I could go on, but you get the idea.
The words you use are important. You know that your words have power. The scriptures teach us that, but in the everyday world of trade and commerce, your words can make you or break you. I thought it’d be good to share some words that consumers love to read, which gets them ready to pull out their wallets. Here are a list of twenty words that sell themselves.
7. Thank You
15. How To
19. Biggest Mistakes/Myths
- VOICELESS Movie Speaks to the Silent Church - September 16, 2016
- Take the Mommy Test: What Kind of Mom Are You? - August 12, 2016
- Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade Anyone? Twenty Words that Sell Themselves - July 28, 2016
- Valuable Persuasive Leadership Lesson: What Not to Do - June 30, 2016
- Book You Are Not Normal Inspires Christians to Stand Out - June 8, 2016
- Trish Donohue Writes to Moms Who Want to Disciple Through Relationship - May 25, 2016
- Millionaires Chalk Success Up to Hard Work and Family Values - May 24, 2016
- The Courage to Lead When No One Wants to Follow - May 24, 2016
- Purpose Sells, Not Products - April 26, 2016
- Effective Leadership is More Than Just a Great Message - April 6, 2016