In January, Willie and Korie Robertson of Duck Dynasty announced they were in the midst of adopting a 13-year-old boy to join their family. Willie and Korie have five biological children: John Luke, Sadie, and Bella along with adopted son, Will, and foster daughter Rebecca who originally came as an Taiwan exchange student.
Last week, Korie posted on Instagram the announcement that the adoption was finally complete, and posted an updated family photo. Korie wrote, “It’s official!! Today Rowdy officially became a Robertson! So thankful for Godly attorneys and judges that made the day extra special. We told stories of the past year, we laughed, we cried, we hugged, we swore to love Rowdy forever and ever.”
Daughter, Sadie welcomed Rowdy on her own Instagram account as well, commenting, “Just landed back in Louisiana to take a good ole garage pic with the family to celebrate Rowdy’s official adoption day!! Welcome to the family Rowdy Robertson.”
Previously, Korie revealed that Rowdy had been with their family since last May, and had attended John Luke’s wedding to Mary Kate McEacharn. Rowdy walked Korie’s grandmother down the aisle.
Country Rebel reports that during the Angels in Adoption Event, Korie hinted at plans to adopt another child.
“We are always open to adoption. We feel like adoption has blessed our family in so many ways. And we are so thankful for our kids both biological and adopted. So ‘never say never.’ That’s for sure.”
The Robertsons reveal that adoption is a calling and a gift from God. Willie has called it an expression of their faith, while Korie commented that children are never easy, but they are always worth it.
- Self-Control: Dealing With The “I Want It Now” Syndrome In Children - April 20, 2018
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In May Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018