In January, Willie and Korie Robertson of Duck Dynasty announced they were in the midst of adopting a 13-year-old boy to join their family. Willie and Korie have five biological children: John Luke, Sadie, and Bella along with adopted son, Will, and foster daughter Rebecca who originally came as an Taiwan exchange student.
Last week, Korie posted on Instagram the announcement that the adoption was finally complete, and posted an updated family photo. Korie wrote, “It’s official!! Today Rowdy officially became a Robertson! So thankful for Godly attorneys and judges that made the day extra special. We told stories of the past year, we laughed, we cried, we hugged, we swore to love Rowdy forever and ever.”
Daughter, Sadie welcomed Rowdy on her own Instagram account as well, commenting, “Just landed back in Louisiana to take a good ole garage pic with the family to celebrate Rowdy’s official adoption day!! Welcome to the family Rowdy Robertson.”
Previously, Korie revealed that Rowdy had been with their family since last May, and had attended John Luke’s wedding to Mary Kate McEacharn. Rowdy walked Korie’s grandmother down the aisle.
Country Rebel reports that during the Angels in Adoption Event, Korie hinted at plans to adopt another child.
“We are always open to adoption. We feel like adoption has blessed our family in so many ways. And we are so thankful for our kids both biological and adopted. So ‘never say never.’ That’s for sure.”
The Robertsons reveal that adoption is a calling and a gift from God. Willie has called it an expression of their faith, while Korie commented that children are never easy, but they are always worth it.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017