“For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
Marriage is where it begins: family. A family is formed when a man and woman give themselves up to each other in a wedding ceremony and become one flesh. It is a beautiful union ordained by God himself and began in the Garden of Eden. Yet how can something so mysteriously beautiful be under such heavy attack? How do we restore it?
The World’s Definition and The Bible’s
See if these two views line up. If you are a Christian, and believe the Bible is the absolute, complete, and utter truth of God, you believe the following:
- God created man for woman, and woman for man (Genesis 2:24, Ephesians 5:22-28): God recognized in the Garden of Eden that it was not good for Adam to be alone, so He created Eve. He instructed them to be fruitful and multiply (start a family).
- Life is precious and begins in the womb (Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:16, Job 31:15): No where in the Bible does it indicate that life begins when a child takes his/her first breath, but at conception.
- Families should treat each other with love and kindness (1 Corinthians 7:15, 1 Corinthians 13:13, Ephesians 5:22-28): Husbands should cherish their wives and honor them. Women should respect their husbands. Control, possessiveness, and abuse have no place in marriage for there is no love in it.
- The marriage bed should remain pure physically, emotionally, and spiritually (Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 7:2-14, Exodus 20:17): Even thoughts of another person that is not your spouse is defiling the marriage bed because your focus is not on your spouse. God gave this person to you, and when you think about another you are telling God that His selection was not good enough.
- Our bodies should remain pure before marriage (Hebrews 13:4): When we have multiple encounters, we develop soul ties and emotional wounds that we carry into our marriages. These ties affect our marriage if they are not severed.
- Divorce is not an option (Matthew 19:9): Except for adultery and abandonment, divorcing your spouse isn’t an option. God made marriage to last, not to be torn apart.
The World, on the other hand, believes:
- Men can marry man, and woman can marry women because they were “born that way”. (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:9-11, Genesis 19:5-7)
- A child is not considered a person until the moment it is born. It is a mass of cells.
- Premarital sex is acceptable, as long as it is protected.
- Divorce is okay if you say that you just can’t work it out.
- Same-sex couples can adopt children.
Two very contrasting viewpoints, and neither really line up at all.
What has resulted by these choices?
- High divorce rates both inside and outside the church.
- Millions of pregnancies terminated by abortion.
- Children disrespecting their parents and are confused about marriage.
- More people live together than are married. No one commits to anything.
- The motto of “if it feels good, do it” which has resulted in lawless acts.
So why does Satan attack families? Are we living up to God’s design for marriage and family? Why is God’s design important, and what happens if we “bend the rules”?
Answers to these questions and how to restore the family unit are all answered in November’s issue. Share with someone who needs hope, encouragement, and reconciliation. God CAN restore your family!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017